Thanksgiving Buffet

 




Thanksgiving Buffet

by Jeremy Yarbrough


    Every year I look forward to the holidays and Thanksgiving is the best because of the food.  In past years I have spent every Thanksgiving at my grandmother's house where she hosted Thanksgiving for the family.  There were always the traditional items of meat, gravy, dressing, rice, peas, sweet potatoes, fruit salad, rolls and all sorts of dessert.  We all have our favorite menu items and I have mine.

    For some people the big meal is all about the side dishes.  Dressing is a popular choice and so are the sweet potatoes.  My favorite side is the cranberry sauce.  Some families have the homemade versions of cranberry sauce putting things like oranges and nuts in it.  I really prefer the plain cranberry sauce from the can with no whole or crushed berries in it.  The smooth texture of the jellied cranberry sauce is delicious and it goes well with everything on my plate.

    The main attraction is the turkey and that is my absolute favorite item on the menu.  Some people like to have ham and turkey on Thanksgiving.  Ham is not what I prefer in the way of meat but I look forward to having several slices of baked turkey with my meal.  If I am lucky, there will be some leftover and I will get to have some on Friday too.

    This year Thanksgiving will be at my house.  The menu will still be the same and I will look forward to having the same delicious food.  I will sample most of the foods, but I will be asking for extra helpings of cranberry sauce and turkey. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harebrained Adventures

Recycle, It's Important