Helping Hand

 


Helping Hand

by Jeremy Yarbrough


    We all need a little help every now and then.  Being the one to lend the helping hand is a great feeling.  My next-door neighbor is an elderly lady.  She is extremely active and enjoys taking care of her yard and flower gardens.  All of her close relatives live in New York.  This past month she had to have her daughter in law come to stay with her during a time of recuperation.  She had to have a knee replacement and needs assistance for about three or four weeks after her surgery.

    My neighbor is doing well and on her way to recovery.  She needed her grass cut because she had put out her grass seed and fertilizer prior to her surgery and now it is stating to sprout.  The warm weather has also continued to cause her lawn to get high.  Knowing how she is so concerned about her lawn I volunteered to mow her yard while she is on the mend.  Last week I had the opportunity to mow her back yard as well as part of her front lawn.  It was a great feeling to know that I could help an elderly neighbor out.  

    She is dong well and is now up and walking a little bit.  Hopefully she will be able to get on her riding mower before long.  If need be, I will ask her if I can help her out again until she is up and walking.  It is always beneficial to my self esteem to know that I can help someone out in a time of need!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harebrained Adventures

Recycle, It's Important

Thanksgiving Buffet