Mini Bike Build Up

 




Mini Bike Build Up

by Jeremy Yarbrough

    

    Anyone who knows me knows that I love anything with wheels and engines.  I started out with a go-cart at age 14 and have been interested in tinkering with vehicles of all kinds.  This week I have been working on a 1960's Rupp mini bike which I purchased at the Tville Vintage Power Show in June 2022.  There are several things that need to be improved upon to get it in better shape for the trails.

    The first thing I dealt with was the messy weld on the bike.  I rewelded the engine mount plate securely into place as it should have been done before.  This week I began by painting the frame a regal red to improve the appearance.  Then I replaced the two tires so that the traction would be better with the ground.

    One of the most important things on anything that moves is the brakes.  My next goal was to repair the brakes by replacing the caliper which I did with ease.  The final step which I hope to complete by the end of the week is to measure out a new chain length and install it on the bike.  This fall I plan to ride it around the neighborhood trails while enjoying the cooler temperatures and falling leaves.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harebrained Adventures

Recycle, It's Important

Thanksgiving Buffet