Finding a Fix

 


Finding a Fix

by Jeremy Yarbrough


    I just love a good restoration project!  My latest project is a 1988 Chrysler LeBaron.  I happened upon this jewel of a car when I was going to visit a friend.  It was parked underneath a grove of trees where it had been for 16 years.  My friend and I stopped to inquire as to if this vehicle was possibly for sale.  The older gentleman said he would think about it and give me a call if he was interested in selling.

    Lo and behold, the next day he called me and said he would be willing to sell it for a mere $200 which was in my budget.  I had to schedule a tow truck to come by and pick it up and bring it to my house.  There I cleaned it up and started in on figuring out what would need to be repaired.  One of the most necessary parts was inoperable.  This was the dashboard which shows speed, fuel level, oil pressure and other vital information about the car.  I ordered this replacement part on eBay, not knowing if it would even work with a replacement part.  

    A week later my used replacement part arrived.  I was so excited.  After unpacking the part, I went to plug the new dash in and could not wait to start the engine to see if this would fix the problem.  When I turned the key and started the engine the dashboard lit up and it worked like a charm.  I was so glad to show toff to all of my car loving friends. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harebrained Adventures

Recycle, It's Important

Thanksgiving Buffet