Never Enough Candy

 


Never Enough Candy

by Jeremy Yarbrough


    Halloween is all about parties, pumpkins, costumes and candy.  All kinds of candy.  Going trick or treating was so much fun as a kid.  Of course, picking out the costume and decorating for the holiday was exciting but it all came down to that big plastic bucket of candy that came home at the end of the night on October 31.

    The holiday always meant going to an area trunk or treat as well as going door to door in my neighborhood.  Some people who were at other locations attending parties would leave a large bowl of candy on their porch with a sign that said take two or three pieces.  But most people would be at home with their porch light on with someone ready for when their doorbell rang.

    The variety of candy was abundant.  There was lots of chocolate candy and some neighbors even had the full-sized candy bars.  A few ladies would have homemade treats like candy apples or some sort of popcorn snack mix with M&Ms.  Of course, there were always various types of bubble gum and lollipops which I enjoyed.  But my favorite kind of candy to get would always be the kinds that sticks to your teeth.  It just thrilled me to see someone throwing in packets of Skittles, Starbursts, Smarties and Charms Blow Pops.

    Once at home the candy would be poured out of the bucket and I would see what kinds of sweets I had gotten.  The chocolate candy I would share with my parents but I would always keep the other candy for myself.  So, remember when you are giving out treats to the goblins that come to your door, they like all kinds of variety and there can never be enough candy in their buckets!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harebrained Adventures

Recycle, It's Important

Thanksgiving Buffet